Dawn Hyland discussing facts of PTSD
and how they compare to her experience with the mental illness
on April 28, 2016
THERE IS HOPE!
You do not have to feel alone and hopeless, you do have many options.
- Anti-Depressent, Anti-Anxiety, Prazosin (not FDA approved/for flashbacks)
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) and/or Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Recognize your thinking patterns that learn the tools to rethink again
- Exposure Therapy (ET)
- Helps you safely face what you find frightening, to learn to cope effectively
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Exposure therapy w/ a series of guided eye movements to help process the traumatic memories and change your reaction to them